Friday, December 21, 2012

Gluten Free Baking Mix

I have been experimenting for a long time with a gluten free all purpose baking mix, and I've finally found one I like, so I'm going to share the recipe, because I've started using it as a base several things.  It works well for pancakes, and I made amazing muffins with it, I'm going to try banana bread and use it in my Christmas cookies as well.



Baking mix
4 cups sorghum flour
6 cups brown rice flour
3 cups tapioca starch
1 ½ cup potato starch
½ cup corn flour
5 Tablespoons baking powder
2 ½ Tablespoons salt
½ cup xanthan gum
¼ cup psyllium husk
1 cup sugar
Mix all ingredients together and store in an air tight container.

I will post recipes for muffins and other quick breads as I experiment with them, but in the mean time, use this mix in any quick bread recipe in place of the flour, leavening and salt.
 
Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment