Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Downside...



Tonight I made a yummy pot-roast with carrots and mashed potatoes for our Sunday dinner.  I decided on about an hour's notice before dinner was ready that I wanted rolls to go with it.  Rather than make one of my normal recipes, I threw together something new.  I used some scalded milk, and more butter than normal, I threw in some amaranth flour that I had sitting in the cupboard, and used up some leftover flour mix.

I didn't know if they would turn out or not, and I didn't bother to measure or write down what I was doing.  I wish that I had baked them in a muffin tin, as the dough was soft and spread out more than I wanted, but beyond that, they were perfect.  The outside was soft but just a touch crispy on the bottom.  The inside was soft and slightly chewy, and the flavor rocked.

And the downside of this perfect roll, is that I didn't write it down!  Now I am going to spend weeks trying to re-create it, when if I had just taken the time to measure and write it down, I could share it with you right now.

Sometimes being a great baker is a curse!  The downside to brilliance is moments like this!  Okay so I know I'm not brilliant, and when I do have these random flashes of genius, I manage to do something unique to mess it up!

When I figure it out, I will post it here~

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment